finding your dream job in suriname
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
Everyone wants a fruitful and challenging career that provides an individual opportunity to grow and challenge themselves. The South American country of Suriname is a developing economy that can provide you with your dream job. If you are planning to try your luck in the country, then you must be aware of the employment opportunities in Suriname and the sectors that are open for recruitment.
If you want to learn how you can start a career in Suriname and the eligibility for foreigners to get employed in the country, then read the complete article.
READ ALSO: WHY SURINAME IS A MUST-VISIT DESTINATION
THE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN SURINAME
The South American nation can provide you with some promising jobs that will provide you with a challenging and fruitful career. If you want to learn what type of employment opportunities or the sectors where you can work in the country then you should be aware of the current employment structure in the country.
THE SERVICE SECTOR
The service sector of the country currently employs around 64% of the total working force. If you are skilled and hold professional experience in the service sector, then Suriname may provide you with some fruitful career opportunities
THE INDUSTRIAL SECTOR
Suriname is blessed by nature. The country is blessed with an abundant stock of natural resources, minerals, and timber. The availability of input makes the country a promising industrial destination. If you hold expertise in the industrial sector then you can try your luck in the country as the industrial sector employs around 28% of the working force in the country.
THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR
The agriculture sector is accountable for only 8% of the total working force. It is recommended to avoid searching for jobs in the agriculture sector in the country.
READ ALSO: EVERYTHING ABOUT SURINAME VISA APPLICATION
WORK VISA IN SURINAME
For ex-pats to work legally in Suriname, they will need a valid Suriname work visa. If you are planning to start a career in Suriname, then you should be aware of the work visa requirements and eligibility in the country.
TYPES OF WORK VISA
Suriname has the following types of work visas:
- The Foreign Nationals' working papers
- The Gold Sector Foreign Nationals working papers.
The first one is for all international employees, while the second one is for those workers employed in the country’s gold mining industry.
Some international employees will not need a work visa to work in Suriname. Such exceptions are for residents of the countries who are members of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), The skilled workforce from these countries will not require a permit for working in the country. There are some other circumstances where the need for a work visa does not arise. These are:
- When their spouse may be a citizen.
- Those people who were born in Tanzania but immigrated later on and returned to the country after a specified time period
- Immigrants with a refugee status
- Immigrants looking to work as village servants.
REQUIREMENTS TO GET A SURINAME WORK VISA
The majority of the work visa application process is done by the Employers only. The employers are answerable to the authorities regarding the hiring of international employees. But there are some duties that the employees need to fulfil from their side to make sure that the application process is conducted smoothly. Make sure you prepare the following documents and provide them for the initiation of your application process.
- A clear and coloured photograph of the employee.
- The passport of the employee. Make sure that the passport stands up to the requirement as the requirements keep changing over time.
- Residence permit, even if the permit has not been granted, the application for the permit must be submitted. The permit is used at the following stages of verification and identification.
- Proof of payment for the appliance.
- A statement mentioning the working policies of the employer. That can be the working hours, the job profile, the reason for hiring an international employee, and some other essential official information.
- Documents that prove the lawful conduct of the business. A business license is also essential and must be provided to the authority.
- Notarized and authentic documents that verify the credentials of the employee for the job role they are applying for. The documents can be a degree, work experience letter, diploma, etc.
- A health certificate from an authorized hospital/medical institution/ doctor ensures that the employee is not suffering from
- Venereal Diseases
- Hepatitis B
- And other contagious diseases
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Proof of accommodation for the entire stay period of the employee.
Suriname is a developing economy that is expected to record commendable growth in the future. If you are looking to secure a job in this growing economy and want a challenging and fruitful career, you must try on your luck in the south American nation. Above, we have mentioned the employment structure in Suriname and the eligibility for foreign nationals to work in the country.
Just getting an overview of the employment opportunities in Suriname is not enough, you must visit the country and start your job search. If you are planning to start job hunting in Suriname, then you must apply for a visa before. To apply for the visa in no time and get it approved without any delays and start your job searching as soon as possible, you can choose Suriname Visa Online as your partner.