suriname visa for us citizens
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
What is the location of Suriname? Suriname is a country in South America that is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean. Suriname is South America's tiniest country. Paramaribo is the country's capital. French Guiana (which is a French overseas department), Guyana, and Brazil all share boundaries with the small South American republic. Suriname is about the same size as Tunisia and somewhat bigger than Georgia in the United States. It takes 11 hours and 14 minutes to fly from London to Suriname, and 14 hours and 15 minutes to fly from New York to Suriname. Suriname has a hot, tropical climate and is located just a few degrees north of the Equator. Rolling hills and tropical woods, as well as lowlands and wetlands along the shore, define the scenery.
SURINAME VISA FOR US CITIZENS
A Tourism Card grants US passport owners access to the Republic of Suriname for travel reasons. Suriname's Tourist Card may be acquired at the port of entry (Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport). A passport valid for at least six months and a return ticket are required. The Tourist Card has a 90-day validity period beginning on the day of admission. Tourists can also get visas in advance of their arrival. A valid US passport, a valid Surinamese visa, and, if going by air, a return ticket is required for reasons other than sightseeing (such as business meetings). Suriname visas should be acquired ahead of arrival.
SURINAME VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR US CITIZENS
- Passport: The applicant for a passport must produce a current, signed passport. Since visas are inscribed into a passport, the original passport is necessary.
- Requirement for photos: 2 similar color passport-style images must be submitted by the applicant. The photographs must be recent and should not be the same as those used on the passport.
- Proof of travel: An online-generated schedule from a travel company or online reservation service (such as an e-confirmation or online booking) stating departure from the United States and arrival/departure for the destination must be submitted.
If you're flying by private charter, the manifest from the charter company should sufficient.
- For Applicants under the age of 18: Although an applicant may be submitting papers with other family members, each application is considered separately when it is presented to an embassy or consulate.
- Application for a Visa: One completed visa application must be submitted by the candidate. Single-sided applications must be printed and signed in blue or black ink only.
HOW TO APPLY?
Complete the application and upload the required documents.
The first step in applying for an E-Visa is to create an account on the website. Upload all required papers and provide all needed information. It may be required to provide extra papers if you are a minor.
Pay the charge over the internet.
You must pay the cost using the Payment gateway after giving all of the relevant information. The costs can be paid with a MasterCard, Visa, or Maestro credit/debit card. It is not required that the card is in your name. Check to see whether your card has the "3D Secure System" and may be used for foreign purchases.
Save the E-Visa receipt to your computer.
You will receive an email confirmation code if the fee payment is successful. You will get your E-Visa as a pdf file in your email after your application has been accepted. When traveling, keep a printed copy of your E-Visa with you. It has been suggested that you save a copy of the pdf file to your phone.
ALSO READ: SURINAME INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL INFORMATION
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN SURINAME
- Have all of your essential travel documentation on hand to show to immigration agents for inspection.
- Verify that you are not packing any prohibited things that will not clear past customs, such as some novels, audiobooks, audio, and video recordings, or any unethical things likely to create a disturbance of the peace.
- When traveling within Suriname, have your passport or a duplicate of it with you at all times.
- Make a list of the nation's emergency hotline numbers.
- Be informed of the basic rules of public behavior.
ALSO READ: SURINAME VISIT VISA
IMPORTANT TRAVEL CHECKLIST
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- Based on the intent of your travel and the length of your trip, you may need a valid Suriname visa.
- Return or onward tickets that have been confirmed.
- Accommodation information.
- Itinerary and foreign currency.
- Any other legit documentation that supports your visit's purpose, is particularly for business visa holders.
- Before you travel, confirm that all of your important papers are validated.
Suriname is a beautiful country and, surely, you will say that as well once you have been there and explored the country. So what are you waiting for? You have all the information you need. Pack your bags and explore this amazing country.